Statements for long ago closed credit cards appearing online

Statements have suddenly appeared online for a card that was closed 6 years ago after it was stolen and used fraudulently. They show a balance owing that is the amount I was refunded at the time, and imply it needs to be repaid. Anyone else had this happen? Tesco assure me I won't be charged, or impact my credit rating, but it's still disconcerting
  • 3 Replies

Good evening, Sorry to hear that an account you closed six years ago is showing online. If you can, pop a message to @Tesco-Bank along with your name, date of birth and postcode. When you click on the on the next page you'll see an option to send them a private message from there. Also, if it hasn't disappeared from your credit reports yet, it's worth using one of the free services from Credit Karma (Transunion), Clearscore (Equifax) and MoneySavingExpert (Experian) as it'll show as 'settled' on there.
    Community superstar
    Good evening
    How strange that these are now appearing online after it was closed 6 years ago!!
    Can't say I've ever had this before myself.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so they can look into this for you and provide you with an appropriate response.

Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Hope this helps.
    I suggest you also follow advice regarding your credit reports.
    Warm wishes,
    Above and beyond
    Hi @Pjay16
    This is a very unusual and disconcerting occurrence, and really needs looking into.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so they can investigate for you and provide an appropriate response.

Please click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Hope this helps.
    It would also suggest following up @heanor_man_34 advice, concerning your credit reports.