Security of website

Just looking
    HiWhen I go on the Tesco internet banking website, the first pages I visit have the secure lock in the address. However, when I click on Manage Account, an information symbol is shown instead, suggesting that there may be security issues. As I have to go to that page to send money to another account, I am very concerned that I may get hacked. Can you please urgently fix this apparent flaw?
  • 6 Replies

Above and beyond
    Hi I'm really sorry to hear about this issue, and hope i can help you get it sorted !. Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message', with the relevant details, they will check this out for you and provide you with a quick and appropriate response. If you click on this link @Tesco-Bank it will take you to a page 'About Tesco Bank'.In the top right of the page click 'send a message', a new page opens up 'Create New Message'. Complete & send your message securely.Please remember to include your full name, date of birth & post code. Hope this helps, Best Wishes @CSKBrambles
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm sorry to hear about the security concern you have and I will certainly help you to get it resolved.
    The best thing to do to get a definitive answer to your concern is to send Tesco Bank an URGENT 'Private Message' for someone to check this out and provide you with an appropriate response as soon as possible.
    Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it putting URGENT in the title and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Looking forward to the reply you get back as this would be beneficial to many.
    Warm wishes

Above and beyond
    Hi Just a quick follow up, to check how you are getting on ? Kind Regards,
    Just looking
    Not very satisfied with the response I got. Said problem might be due to web browser not being up-to-date, but both my Chrome and MS Edge are latest versions and I have tried with both. Also said Tesco Bank makes its own checks before transferring moneys. Considering that we are always told that, if we cannot see the closed lock sign in the internet address, then the security of our data may be compromised, I found the response very disappointing. I send a chaser saying this but have had no response yet. I wonder if Tesco Bank will cover me (and my wife, who has experienced the same problem) for any losses if my data are hacked?
    Just looking
    This seems to be a problem that is not confined to my accounts. I cannot see why I needed to send a private message to Tesco Bank, giving some personal data (full name, postcode, email address) that I could also be regarded as an unnecessary security risk
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , do you use a Virtual Private Network(VPN) or a password management system on the device at all?