Section 75 Refunds

Made two claims weeks ago as I cannot get my money back from two airlines. No acknowledgement, response or refund yet. Sent chaser email to disputes e-mail. Still no response. Owed quite a bit of money and Tesco credit card is just as bad as the retailer on not responding or progressing my refund. There does not seem to be an option to send a private message in top right hand corner. What is the next step? Financial Ombudsman?
  • 4 Replies

Community superstar
    Morning
    I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting for your refunds.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out and they can provide you wit an update.

Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will get a reply from one of the Tesco Team after they've had chance to look into this for you.

If I can be of any further help please contact me.

warm wishes, Caz

Above and beyond
    Hi @Nicholas1
    It's taking more than 6 weeks to process claims due to overwhelming demand.
    You should have received an automatic reply to your email from disputes.
    If this was not the case, and you wish to check your status please
    send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' and request your message is passed to disputes to check for you.Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will receive a reply to your private message.

Best Regards, Chris,

Eagle eye
    Hi As has said it is taking longer than 6 weeks and there also seems to be some error in the auto reply service from the disputes address. I submitted a claim in march and never received the auto reply; however once I sent a private message things picked up and Tesco Bank did refund the money after 10 weeks. Please be aware though that even if you are successful there is a chance the retailer can dispute the claim. Although I was successful initially im now waiting again as the retailer did dispute. In short its not going to be a quick process so although its very frustrating try to be patient it will get sorted. Regards
    Above and beyond
    Thanks
    I appreciate your positive message and support.
    Kind regards, Chris,