Refund from Tui

Hello,
    Had my tui holiday cancelled today which I paid in full on my Tesco credit card. It has been paid off and my current credit card balance is 0.00. Tui can refund in full to the original payment method, but whether this is possible due to my balance being 0? What would my options be? Would Tesco Bank credit card be able to transfer the money to my credit card free of charge. Or would the money just stay in the negative on my Tesco credit card? Confused! Appreciate any help as unsure what to do or whether to rebook
  • 5 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi , thanks for your message. Any refunds can still be processed to your credit card, even if the balance is zero. Once the refund goes through you can then arrange a refund of the amount you're in credit by back to your bank account. I've included a link below with some more information about how to arrange the credit balance refund via online banking or the mobile app. Just select the link then the 'Credit Cards credit balance refund option' on the following page. Hope this helps

https://community.tescobank.com/t5/C...ing/ta-p/33019
    Thank you so much ! This was so helpful! Much appreciated
    Community superstar
    Hi I'm sorry to hear about your holiday being cancelled by TUI.I've had the same experience with flights. These were cancelled and as I paid with my Tesco Credit Card the refund was put back onto my card resulting in a credit balance.For me I used the credit balance util it was gone.However once the credit has been reapplied back onto your Tesco Credit Card you can have the credit amount transferred back into your bank account if you prefer.Hope this helps Warm wishes,
    Above and beyond
    Hi @Katals,I can confirm that refunds are processed to your credit card, it makes no difference if it has a zero balance,When your refund goes through, you can make a money transfer intto your bank account., please be aware there is a handling fee of 3.99% of the sum transferred.Please see attached link below,confirming how to make the credit balance refund online. Simply select the the link, then select'Credit Cards credit balance refund option' on the following page. https://community.tescobank.com/t5/C...ing/ta-p/33019When you are ready, please clear down as an accepted solution, thanks.And that's you done,
    Community superstar
    Morning
    Hopefully you'll be less confused now with the link from KellyT and the alternative suggestion.
    Just to let you know if you did want to spend some of the credit you'll be receiving, you could still have the balance not spent returned to your bank account.
    For example, if you received a refund of £300 yet are in credit of £200, this will show as -£200, please only transfer the £200.
    Please 'Accept as Solution' to close down if you are happy with the responses.
    Have a lovely weekend, warm wishes,