Re: Can I manage my credit card online?

The Tesco credit card online service is probably the worst one they could conceive. I have a number of online accounts and Tesco is unmanagable. Despite several posted access numbers it continues to bar me access and sends temporary numbers to a phone number I no longer have. I can get through to the final 6 digit security number and then no matter what number I put in it will not accept it. It is basically rubbish and I would advise you not to bother with and waste as much time on the phone as I have. Tesco's if you want people to go paperless this website of yours is definitely not the way to do it. I certainly would not risk going paerless with you.
  • 5 Replies

It's really not than bad. It's on a different 'platform' to the current account and could do with being on the same as the current account one. The app makes up for this though - much easier and better than the website.
    Employee
    Hi @IH, sorry to hear that you're having issues accessing your account online. I have sent a private message, could you please direct message me when it is convenient
    Thanks for the reply, it's nice to know someone listens.. I can tell you I have several credit cards I axcess online and also 2 bank accounts, none of which give me any problems. This is not the first time I've had trouble getting online with the tesco card and not the first time I've been on the phone to try and sort it out. When things go wrong I get sent a temporary security number, I think I'm on my 4th now. I then go all the way through online security and get to the point of entering a new six digit security number. The first attempt is refused so I try again, refused and again and again. So I give up and back page to start again. The temporary security number is now refused so back on the phone to sort it out. They can't, but will send me by post another new temporary security number aaarrrggg. Oh I forgot during the security checks I was sent a text to my mobile phone. I no longer have this phone or number, but during one of my phone calls to tesco they did at least change to my new number. I remeber seeing something once talking about accessing from other devices, like my phone or tablet and I thing I set things up on my tablet but have tried to access from my desktop pc, so maybe this is the problem. All I can repeat is that nobody else has given me this trouble or caused so much frustration. If it wasn't for Tesco clubcard points I would have ditched the credit card by now. IH
    Employee
    Hi  I have sent some further details in a private message
    Personally I find the Tescobank web site for managing my CC to be pretty good compared to others. Not perfect, but on the whole more positive than other CC suppliers. This is particularly so for the Android application where I only need to enter one magic number (which I choose during setup) in order to get the CC functionality I need: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...scobank.mobile Sadly as reported elsewhere that app only works on one of my tablets.