Problem moving money out of instant access savings account

I want to move money out of my instant access savings account to a current account with another bank which I have already connected. However, every time I try to transfer the money, having filled in all the necessary details (amount, date of transfer etc.), I get an on-screen message saying, 'We've been unable to complete your transaction. Please try again.' Any idea what the issue might be?
  • 7 Replies

Employee
    Hi 

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your message.

It would be best if you speak with our Savings department, who can have a look into your account and investigate why the funds aren't transferring correctly.

They can be contacted on 0345 678 5678 and are open Mon - Fri 8am - 10pm and Sat - Sun 9am - 5pm

Hope this helps,

Vanessa - Customer Care
    Have you just recently opened your account or have you not used it for a while as there may be a temporary block on your account which can be easily removed calling the savings line 0345-678-5678
    Employee
    I had the same problem when I opened up a new savings account....... As the previous poster said a simple call into the call center should mean the issue can been resolved if it's a similar situation.
    I am having the same problem and have had to join the "community" to find this particularly useless answer. I don't want to have to join Twitter or Facebook or this "community". I don't want to 'phone you. Why is there no straightforward email option? Even one of those annoying private mail options available only when logged in to the account? I am logged in, you *already* know who I am, how can some *other* communication means be more secure? Anyway, my question is *why* can't I move my money out? What do I have to do so that I *can*. PS. If the only answer is "telephone us" then you have a pretty awful system.
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about this. We're limited in what we can discuss via this channel, I'm afraid.

We are unable to provide an email as it is not a secure way of communicating with our customers. With this in mind, we would have to ask you to give us a call in this instance so that we can investigate this for you. You can reach our Savings Team on 0345 678 5678 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 10pm, Sat - Sun: 9am - 5pm). Sorry for any inconvenience.
    "We are unable to provide an email as it is not a secure way of communicating with our customers." What, you think telephoning you is *more* secure than me logging into your on-line banking which allows (well, OK, *should* allow) me to move money in and out? That just can't be possible. Walking into a branch with my passport and a signed letter from my mum and/or the pope? That's maybe a bit more secure, otherwise no, not more secure. The whole point of on-line systems is so I *don't* have to telephone you or go into some branch somewhere to access *my* money.
    Your Community Expert
    I'm sorry you feel that way, however I'm afraid that is the only option we can offer you at this time . Apologies for any inconvenience.