Phone verification

I keep seeing warnings that Tesco Bank will soon sent confirmation codes to my phone before I can make any online payments. While I am very happy to see two-factor authentication being adopted, I have no phone, and will not get a phone. Do I need a new bank, or will alternate authentication methods be available, too?
  • 1 Reply

Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , thanks for getting in touch. New regulations are being introduced to ensure that banks are applying the necessary security when a customer completes a purchase online. To comply with these new regulations we will be making changes to what a customer needs to do to complete the 3D Secure authentication journey. The changes will be implemented in early 2019. Part of the process will involve us sending you a one-time passcode to either your mobile or landline number for purchases that require the additional security to be completed. This is being set by MasterCard so it's not something we would be able to change if you do not have a mobile or landline, I'm afraid! I hope this clears things up for you.