Online banking

Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
97821members
29951posts

Payment declined when trying to pay off credit card balance using Tesco debit card

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

Payment declined when trying to pay off credit card balance using Tesco debit card

Hi

I have just tried to pay off my Tesco Bank credit card using my Tesco debit card but the payment has been declined despite there being more than sufficient funds in my debit account for this.

I do have a direct debit set up to pay off the credit card statement balance in full and this is usually taken on or around the 15th of the month but I would like to pay off the full sum on my card (not just the statement balance) sooner. Are you able to explain what the issue might be?

Many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Above and beyond

Re: Payment declined when trying to pay off credit card balance using Tesco debit card

Hi @Kimberley_M_713 

I'm so sorry to hear of the problems you encountered when trying to pay off your balance.

Can I ask, did you enter the full amount when you tried?

When I pay off my balance before it is taken I go onto Tesco's site and enter the amount I want to be taken from my bank and up to now it's been successful.

Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out and an appropriate response can be provided.

Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will get a repy from one of the Tesco Team after they've had chance to look into this for you.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H 

Highlighted
Top sharer

Re: Payment declined when trying to pay off credit card balance using Tesco debit card

Hi @Kimberley_M_713 

If you pay on the Tesco Bank mobile app it's a cinch to do.

1. Select make a payment

2. Select Pay with debit card 

3. Add new card

4. Enter your debit card details

5. select the full balance.

6. Make your payment.

That's you done,

Regards, Chris @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
Top sharer

You’re welcome Kimberley
Regards, Chris
Highlighted
Here to help

I just had this happen twice, then realised what the problem was !

I had forgotten that I had set up a DD to pay IN FULL each month, so each time I tried to do a " one-off" extra payment it wouldn't let me, as I would be overpaying ! Such a relief ! As I thought something weird was going on !

Highlighted
Above and beyond

Morning @EEK 

So pleased you've been able to solve it and nothng weird's going on.

Take care and stay safe Caz,  @25H 

Highlighted
Top sharer

Good morning @EEK 

These things happen, i'm pleased to hear that you fathomed what had gone wrong !

Best Wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles