cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying in a cheque

Highlighted
Just Getting Started

Paying in a cheque

Paid in a cheque Monday 8th January, phoned customer services as still not cleared to be told it will clear on 19th January.

According to the person I spoke to, Tesco do not follow the 2-4-6 rule like other banks, they have their own 7-10 working day procedure. Why is this?
4 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Paying in a cheque

Hi @Warren38, I'm sorry to hear about the delay to your cheque. We do adhere to the 2-4-6 rule, I'm unsure why my colleague would advise differently and we'd like to look further into this for you. Please send a private message to @CET, including your name, DOB and postcode. When you send your DOB and postcode, please add additional spaces between the characters, like A B 1 2 C D etc. 

Keen Poster

I've had the same problem multiple times. I cheque was only deposited late yesterday after posting it last Saturday.

Over Christmas, two cheques I paid in on 13th Dec didn't show up on my account until 28th Dec. 

Yet a few times it's been deposited and cleared within 3 or 4 days. So it's very hit and miss. None of my local Tesco's do banking at CS.

Just Getting Started

They’re a shambles. The left arm doesn’t know what the right is doing. I wouldn’t mind as much if the cheque was for a small amount. I asked the lady how long it would take when I deposited it and she said 4 days, if she’d have told me it would be this long then I’d have put it into my Lloyd’s account. Problem after problem with this “bank” I’ll be closing my account when the cheque has cleared; the bonus Clubcard points aren’t worth it...
Keen Poster

But the interest is good. Only reason why I opened it.