Paying in Cheques

I I use'd to say 10 out of 10 for Tesco Bank, now I'm not happy because of the Tesco Bank change on depositing cheques, Now we have to post it, which is unsafe and extremely stressful worrif it will arrice bt post. We are asked to put our bank details on the back of cheques, which couls be intercepted by criminals, putting us, at risk. A clear breach of, not only data protection, but also FCA own recommendations. Many internet banks have a system where a customer can send a picture off a cheque to their bank through thier bank App for processing. Will Tesco Bank put this in place. Or do I now have to move my account elsewhere, whic I really don't want to do. Thank you
  • 3 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear this. The decision was made to remove the cheque deposit facility from our stores as it was causing a large delay in us receiving the cheque from the store, meaning that cheques were taking longer to clear in the customers account. I will pass on your comments to our Mobile App Team and we will certainly look into cheque scanning to see if this is something we are able to add to our mobile app in a future update.
    Thank you for your reply, I took a chance and posted the cheque to you on Monday, I can safely assume that the Freepost is first class post??? It is now Friday and checking my account there is still no showing you've received the cheque. I'm now at a concerned level, I do suffer with anxiety and the last four nights have been a little sleepless. I was expecting to see my account saying received cheque pending approval something along those lines. As it use to, when I paid in at store. Trying to see how this new system is quicker?: I would like conformation that my cheque has salty arrived and is being processed. It must be there by now! Please, please let me know you have it and it's not lost. HMRC informed be any lost cheque takes 90 days to replace. I really don't want to through that process. An early reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you a very worried customer
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hello , thanks for getting back in touch. If you could please private message with your full name, DOB and postcode, I'll be able to check if your cheque has arrived - Caroline