Pay Mobile or Pay Contact

I don't know if this topic have been discussed here before. Does Tesco Bank surpport Pay Mobile or Pay Contact whichever comes first. It will be great to have same benefits as other banks.
  • 6 Replies

Employee
    Hi 

Very sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We have looked at the Payments Council "Paym" service which allows customers to make a payment to another person using their mobile number as the identifier to link to their bank account.

At this moment in time, we don't offer this as a service. However, we do keep an eye on all new payment capabilities and make decisions based on our customer's demand and market statistics.

I have passed your comments onto our Payment Compatibility Development team.

Please feel free to post any other questions if there are no live threads created.

Thanks for your question and contribution to The Community,

Stephen - Customer Care
    My better half and I have a joint account with Tesco Bank for our joint bills. We also have a savings account and I have a credit card account. We were both looking to mob out respective current accounts to Tesco but holding off for PayM to be launched as we both use this regally. Sadly reading this update it looks like Tesco aren't now considering signing up to the PayM service meaning we are off to Lloyds to open a joint account, savings and credit card account with them. wrote:
    Hi Very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We have looked at the Payments Council "Paym" service which allows customers to make a payment to another person using their mobile number as the identifier to link to their bank account. At this moment in time, we don't offer this as a service. However, we do keep an eye on all new payment capabilities and make decisions based on our customer's demand and market statistics. I have passed your comments onto our Payment Compatibility Development team. Please feel free to post any other questions if there are no live threads created. Thanks for your question and contribution to The Community, Stephen - Customer Care
    Employee
    Hi 

I'm really sorry that our lack of support for PayM has moved you to look into accounts with other banks.

We do take on board what our customers are looking for to make using their accounts as easy as possible, and if there are any updates about PayM, you'll see them on our website and on The Community.
    Is this the same system where I just "wave" my credit card the machine for purchases up to £30.00 like with Barclaycard? I use that card often for these smaller purchases now, as its so easy and much more convenient, will Tesco be bringing their Credit Cards in line with most other issuers now?
    PayM is different to Contactless or Pay by Mobile payments. Contactless and/or Pay By Mobile allow you to wave your card or phone over a pay-point to make a transation. PayM is a service you register with and it links your bank account to your mobile phone number.Now, your friends need to do the same and register for PayM.Then, to pay a friend some money you don't need to know their bank account details. You simply go to the app, select the person from your mobile phone contacts, the amount you want to pay them, and hit go. Job done. No worrying about sort codes, account numbers - and potentially getting these wrong. It's a cool idea, but hardly anyone seems to know about it. The publicity has been a little pathetic.
    I still can't believe Tesco hasn't signed up to this. We are just going through the process of switching our joint account for Tesco to Lloyds. I love everything about Tesco banking but we want to close our personal accounts and just have the one account. Lack of PayM with Tesco means we can't do that without switching. Bye bye Tesco bank. ;-(