Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpaid credit card

New to this

Overpaid credit card

I paid off my full credit card balance and cancelled my direct debit. Unfortunately I don't seem to have cancelled my direct debit in time so have now overpaid £100. Is there any way I can get this paid back into my bank account? I have called the credit card enquiries number but none of the options seem to let me speak to a person about this issue.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES
Your Community Expert

Re: Overpaid credit card

Hi @scb1 sorry to hear you've overpaid your credit card! We can certainly get this amended but it would need to be done over the phone. On the automated system if you select option 2 and input your information, you'll then be presented with another set of options twice where there will be one to speak with an adviser. Hope this helps!

Highlighted
New to this

I think I have overpaid my credit card this month as my statement shows a credit.

Also, I purchased an item via paypal using my credit card which is now being refunded so will the refund go onto my credit card? I do not have a Tesco current account so how can I transfer the funds?

Your Community Expert

Hi @puja, there's no need to worry, any credit balance refund can go back to your linked bank account. When the refund clears, call our team on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, and they can arrange the refund for you :-)