Online log-in issue for credit card

Hi When i sign in to Tesco Credit card, I get a message to say " sorry we've not been able to confirm your credit card account details, you will ned to log in again before managing your credit card". I know that I have entered my log in details correctly but the second time it allows me to log in! Is this a site problem or security issue? thanks Pete

• 4 Replies

I have this problem too, so you're not the only one. It's very annoying.
    Employee
    Hi  & 

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts.

There could be many reasons as to why this is happening. If you have tried another browser and the same error is still occuring, try clearing the cache on your device. Once you have done this, try logging back in. You may need to send a One Time Access code to get access to the Online Banking after clearing the cache.

If this doesn't work, might be best to contact our Online Helpdesk Team who can have a further look and go thruogh troubleshooting with you.

They can be contacted on 0345 300 3511 and are available 24/7

Hope this helps,

Vanessa - Customer Care
    I often get this problem too - it is not a browser issue it is a TB issue. It only started to happen after linking my current account with my credit card so when I sign in and check one of the accounts, I usually get this error when switching to the other account, or back to the overview. Sort it out please!
    I also had this problem, and it's been like it for a couple of months. It was also affecting another online banking site I use, and even verification (Verifed by Visa/Mastercard) for online purchases. I tried installing a new browser, Chrome, (currently running Firefox) but that had the same issue. However, running the browser in "safe mode" (disables all plug-ins and extensions) fixed the problem. So, try this first (if using Firefox, hold shift while opening the browser) and if it works, then it's a plug-in interfering with the verification step. In my case, it seemed to be the 'Avast Online Security' plug-in (which rates websites for safety), so there may be something similar installed depending on your anti-virus program. I have since disabled this plug-in from running and can now log in to the Tesco Banking site first time. Hope this helps.