One Time Access Code

I am getting increasingly frustrated about having to obtain an access code everytime I want to access my current account. I always use the same device - a MacBook Pro macOS Sierra 10.12.3 using Safari browser. Safari is being run within the IGG Sotware App Banktivity 5 which I always use to reconcile my accounts. I have many other bank and credit card accounts and none of these give me the same identity checks via the one time access code. Does anybody else have this issue?
  • 3 Replies

Employee

Hi @G4MHJ,

I'm really sorry to hear that! This is a feature we built into our software to help keep your account safe. In order for us to recognise your computer, we store a small security token within your internet browser. This doesn't hold any personal information about you, it simply allows us to recognise your computer when you use it to log in to your online banking. If you are performing any kind of data cleanse and are wiping internet browser history or the cookies/cache regularly then this can remove the token and result in the 'unrecognised' message that you're encountering.

We do have some tips on how you can avoid this on our troubleshooting guides which you can find here and the main thing we ask that you do is select the option to 'remember this computer' which allows us to store the necessary token.

If you're still having problems with this after following our additional guidance please let us know!

Michelle

Thanks for your reply. Even checking the Sarafi settings I am still receiving One Time Access Codes. I have done a few more tests here on my MacBook Pro/Safari.If I use the Safari browser inside the App Banktivity it always fails to login and I need to request a new One Time Access Code. If I use Safari outside of the Banktivity App then all is well. Banktivity is the equivalent of the old Microsoft Money program and access to my bank accounts are always done within the Money/Banktivity program. All other banks work 100% (Nationwide, Barclays, Capital One, NS&I to name a few). I wonder if you have any other customers using Banktivity? I had wanted to use Tesco Bank as my main account but this additional security step is stopping that now.
    Employee
    Hi there

The One Time Access Code is a part of the security measures we use to keep customers safe, I’m afraid there is no way around needing one to access your online banking. You would need to get in touch with Banktivity and ask for them to update their software to support our security measures if you are to add your Tesco Bank account to Banktivity.

I apologise for any inconvenience this has been causing. If you have any further questions, let us know.