Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
97960members
30021posts

New debit card

Highlighted
Here to help

New debit card

I've received a new Tesco debit card in the post, but my old one was not due to expire for another year, and I didn't request one

The new one is a new design, all blue like a normal clubcard. Are Tesco sending these to everyone as part of a brand change? Seems a bit odd to receive one and no indication that any details have been compromised/ someone else requested it.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Top sharer

Re: New debit card

Hi @ctbfc
The new blue version is what should be sent out, but quite why it’s been dispatched so early I’m not sure.
If you already have a contactless card this should not have gone out.
I would recommend that you send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' to check this out and provide an explanation..
Please Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.
A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
Complete it and send your message securely.
Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
You will receive a reply to your private message .
Best wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles
Highlighted
Here to help

Great, I will take it up with them. Thanks for the response.

Highlighted
Above and beyond

Hi @ctbfc 

I would query why you've recived a new card when you've not requested one and you still have a year left on your current card.

I would suggest you send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' to check this out and provide an appropriate response.
Please Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.
You will receive a reply to your private message when the Tesco Bank team have looked into this for you

Warm wishes, Caz  @25H 

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

Morning,

Could you tell me the reason they gave for sending new card out a year early. A right pain it is changing my details as the long number is different.  

Highlighted
Above and beyond

Morning @BILBO1947 

It does seem odd that Tesco Bank have sent you a new debit card a year early.

I would suggest you send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' to check this out and provide you with a response to your query.
Please click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
You will receive a reply to your private message.

Warm wishes, Caz  @25H 

Highlighted
Top sharer

Hi @BILBO1947 
The new blue version is being sent out, but quite why it’s been dispatched so early I’m not sure. If you already have a contactless card this should not have gone out.
I would recommend that you send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' to check this out and provide an explanation..
You will receive a reply to your private message .
Best wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi Bilbo1947, thanks for getting in touch. Can you please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank so we can check this for you? - Thomas

Highlighted
Above and beyond

Hi @BILBO1947 

I see ThomasC has responded and requested you send a private message to Tesco-Bank so they can check this for you.

Caz  @25H 

Highlighted
Here to help

I am having the same problem. My card expires on 12/21. I came to India to visit my parents and will not go back till November. Is there any way I can invalidate the new card? Will the card have same numbers as my old one?