Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
97960members
30021posts

New Debit Card - But i am not home

Highlighted
Here to help

New Debit Card - But i am not home

I just got a message saying that a new debit is on its way and I didn't request a new card. Because, my old card is valid till 12/21.  I live in shared accommodation and I am in a different country at the moment. Will go back only on November. Though I trust my housemates, I don't want my card to be kept around the kitchen table. Is there any way to invalidate the new card that's been sent out? I am not sure whether it will have the same numbers as my old card. How to stop my card being used by others (just in case). 

Please provide me with a solution. 

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Top sharer

Re: New Debit Card - But i am not home

Hi
The new blue cards are being sent out but if you already have contactless on your existing card it should not be sent out so early.
I strongly recommend that you send a private message to Bank and ask them to put a hold on this for you.
Please Click on this link @tescobank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.
A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
Complete it and send your message securely.
Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
You will get a reply to your private message with confirmation and further advice.
Kind Regards, Chris,
Highlighted
Above and beyond

Hi @DRMANORAM 

I can understand your predicament.

Today I received a new debit card which I did not need to activate and it did have the same number's on it except the CVV on the back.

As a matter of urgency please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out and an appropriate response can be provided.

Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will get a reply to your private message.

Hope this helps!!

Warm wishes, Caz  @25H 

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @DRMANORAM, thanks for getting in touch. If you send a private message to @Tesco-Bank, we may be able to put a temporary block on your card which you'll be able to remove once you're back home - Thomas

Highlighted
Above and beyond

Hi @DRMANORAM 

I see ThomasC has replied to your message and asked for you to send a private message to Tesco Bank as they may be able to find a solution by putting a block on the card.

Warm wishes,  Caz  @25H 

Highlighted
Top sharer

Hi @DRMANORAM 

I trust that the solution recommended, has proved satisfactory.

Kind Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Above and beyond

Hi @DRMANORAM 

Just checking to see if you got a satisfactory solution following ThomasC  replying to your message.

If so and your happy with the advice given please 'Accept as Solution' so I can clear down.
Warm wishes,  Caz  @25H
Highlighted
Here to help

Thanks for the reply everyone. 

But, my problem is not solved. It seems that my old card will be deactivated after a month and I am outside at the moment with my card and I need it to be active till I reach the UK. Sending a new card without any intimation and forcing us to change to it is causing big inconvenience. I am waiting to get a reply to my message and will keep you posted. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Top sharer

Thanks for the feedback @DRMANORAM 

This should be easy enough to sort out for you, as the cards numbers are different ! 👍

It allows you to continue using your existing card, while a temporary block is placed on the new card until you return.

I look forward to hearing of a satisfactory outcome soon.

Kind Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

HI @DRMANORAM, please send us a private message to @Tesco-Bank for us to check this - Amanda