Negative credit Card Balance

I paid the balance off my credit card in full but the Direct Debit also came out which has left me with a credit balance of £44. What do I do in this circumstance? Can Tesco refund my money or do I just need to use my credit card for this value?
  • 3 Replies

Employee
    Hi , you can either give us a call on 0345 300 4278 (24/7) so we can return one of these payments to you within 2-3 working days. As one of your payments has been by Direct Debit you can also contact your bank and ask them to complete a Direct Debit Indemnity which will have the funds returned to you the same day.
    You can also spend the credit balance if you would prefer to do that, it’s entirely up to you!
    Hi Nick, I have the same problem (negative credit card balance). The balance has been on my Tesco CC account for over a year, and so I would think it is not possible for my bank to reverse the payment. I have tried calling 0345 300 4278, but after being on hold for 5 minutes, the call was dropped. I can't find any option to return this payment to my bank using my Tesco credit card account online (desktop) or in the app. Is the phone number the only way to resolve this issue? Is there a good time to call? I am trying right now, around midnight GMT, to avoid the queue, but there was still a wait. Thanks for your help.Sarah
    Your Community Expert
    Hi Sarah, thanks for getting in touch. You will need to call us to have the payment returned. Our Credit Card team can be contacted anytime on 0345 300 4278 and they'll be able to assist you further. To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0 – Keigan