Need advice - flight refunds

Hi there Looking for some advice. Not sure if we have any consumer rights experts knocking around - we bought flights in August last year using our Tesco credit card via a travel agent - theyve obviously been cancelled as it was meant to be this week. The travel agent have contacted us saying that we are entitled to a 'full' refund as the airline cancelled and not us but then in the same sentence say it will cost us £100 admin fee to 'process' the refund (£50 a ticket). Just because we want our money back, I dont accept why we should be the ones to loose out, especially by £100. Am I entitled to make a section 75 claim or a chargeback claim so that I do get a full refund of nearly £500? I only saved a few quid by using the travel agent over booking direct with the airline which Im now beginning to regret. Any advice would be extremely appreciated - I just want my money back for paying for something I didnt get... Jimbo
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi , sorry to hear this. This would depend on what is stated on your T & C's with the travel company. Have you checked them to see if a fee is mentioned in relation to processing a refund? If you could have a look, or get in touch with them, for further clarification that would be great.
  • Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi there, I've checked with our Disputes Team and they have advised the fees cannot be charged. You have two choices: you can pay the fee and get the refund and then we can dispute the fees charged or you can dispute the transaction with us directly - Alex
    I hope this is clear enough to read - Ive omitted the name of the company when mentioned - I think 12.2 means we haven't got a leg to stand on? I think 13 refers to if we cancel rather than the airline?
    Thank you Alex - we might as well dispute the whole transaction with yourselves as we will have to raise a dispute anyway if we paid the admin fees. I will get an email sent with the dispute form plus what the travel agent have emailed us saying we have to pay to cancel. Thanks for your advice and help Kind RegardsJimbo