My card is locked when i try to use, now they ask me to identify myself

Been using for grocery shopping here and there since i got the card , all good.Yesterday, went to buy something which is a higher amount than usual. Card got locked straight away, ok good security. Call tesco, they say they cannot unlock for me, i have to wait for them to post the letter to my addr, so i can include some evidences to identify myself and send back to them. So that will take maybe couple of days or even week and my purchase is now waiting. Question, what's the point of giving credit card so people cannot use it? My credit limit is quite high, but for some reason Tesco do not expect me to use for any expensive stuff..? And the process of self identify is ridiculous. I mean i can just call my other credit card provider, giving them all my personal detail to identify and they will just release the transaction for me. I really have no idea why Tesco make things much more complicate than it should. As a developer myself I do understand security stuff, but this is a bit too difficult. Sigh
  • 1 Reply

Former Community Manager
    Hi , thanks for your post. I have recorded your above comments as feedback.