More than one 0% balance transfer offer

So earlier this year, I had an offer to do a 0% balance transfer to my existing clubcard credit card. So as long as I didn't make any new purchases I would pay 0% on the transferred balance until November 2016. I took this offer up, but I have received another 0% offer now through to October 2016. I called the customer service line because I was concerned that if I did a second balance transfer, it might compromise the first and I would start to pay interest. Unfortunately, the guy I spoke to changed his mind during the call so I'm none the wiser. So my question is this...with an amount on my card now that consists entirely of a 0% balance transfer offer from June, will doing a second 0% balance transfer now under the new offer cause interest charges for the first? Sorry if it's a daft question, but I wasn't convinced by the answer I got by calling.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hi ,

I've got this double checked for you, and taking out a new 0% balance transfer rate wouldn't affect the one that is on the card at present. You would be charged a new balance transfer fee (relative to whatever balance transfer you request) and the new rate would run in conjunction with the existing one. You would only pay interest on any subsequent purchases up until the expiry of these 0% rates.

Hope this helps!
    Daniel - Customer Care