Money transfer payback date

I took a money transfer in mid-April 2019 and the promotional 0% interest is until my May 2020 statement. For some reason I had it in my head that this was a 12 month 0% offer, but if the 0% runs until the statement that arrives in May then that's 13 months of 0% interest. My question is really about the May statement. Is the May statement the one that arrives in mid-May detailing the minimum payment that will be due 3 weeks later in June? Or is it the one that arrives in mid-April detailing the minimum payment that will be due 3 weeks later in May? Apparently Tesco send a warning in the statement 2 months before the 0% interest rate expires and I can't find anything in the February statement about it. But that's hardly something I'm likely to be able to use in my defence if they don't mention it and I'm subsequently late paying back the outstanding balance.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Former Community Manager
    Verified Answer
    Hi , thanks for your post! You're correct in that we would provide a reminder at the top of your statement two months prior to the expiry date. If you're registered for Online Banking, you'll also receive an email reminder 21 days before it expires. If not, you'll receive a letter 21 days before.

You could also consider setting up a personal alert via your Online Banking to remind you ahead of time. I've attached a link for you with more information on how to do this.

https://community.tescobank.com/t5/C...card/ta-p/1387

If you would like us to check this for you then please send a private message with your full name, DOB and postcode.