Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money Transfers - 0% Expiry Date

Just Getting Started

Money Transfers - 0% Expiry Date

I took advantage of one of these but I can't find the expiry date anywhere. There is space for it to appear on the credit card statement but it doesn't, and it isn't shown on online banking (that I can find).

I can't believe I'd have to ring customer services to find this out when I can access the information for my other banking services without picking up the phone.

Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES
Super Poster

Re: Money Transfers - 0% Expiry Date

Hello,

Did you get an email offer from Tesco Bank for a Balance Transfer offer and a Money Transfer offer?

I did in late September and this is on there:

Transfer balances or money by 11th December 2015 and you’ll pay 0% interest on those balances from the date of your transfer until your April 2017 statement (2.99% fee, min. £5). 

I'd call Tesco Bank Customer Services to clarify but I hope the above information helps?

Just Getting Started

I did and I probably still have it somewhere. I'm just looking for an online solution, rather than relying on a piece of paper. Given there's a space on the statement for promotional rates, I'm still surprised it isn't there!

Super Poster

I am too to be honest but going by the email I've received I'm going to assume that's when the promotion ends (if you've applied and transferred by the cut off date).

Occasional Browser

I've just spent 20 minutes on the phone to find out the same info. I find it ridiculous that this information isn't on our statements like most other credit card companies do. Surely it would save both your customers and your call centre time if this info was readily available on a statement or online. The cynic in me thinks this is on purpose, just to cash in on interest from less observant customers...

Your Community Expert

Hi @sebasp

I'm sorry about the wait you experienced getting through to us. If it's a new offer you've had when opening an account, we do put reminders on your statements two months before the offer comes to an end, and when we send out offers to existing customers we have the expiry date on the letter. Otherwise, it's as you say, you'd need to give us a call, or contact us via Facebook or Twitter if that wasn't an option. 

We're always looking for ways to improve how we display information for our customers, so I'll make sure that your comments are passed on. 

Occasional Browser

I too have just spent time on the phone trying to find out the expiry date of my balance transfer. The credit card statement has an item marked expiry date so why do Tesco not use as other companies do. Just trying to catch us out I expect and get more money out of us. Or are you unable to work out how to do it.