Minimum Payment

View Tag Cloud
    I'm after finding out the percentage used to calculate the minimum payment. Theres usually a minimum amount of £25 or your full balance if that's less.... If the balance is high enough though, the minimum payment is usually a percentage of the full balance. Does anyone know what this is? Or where I can find this out? Thanks
  • 7 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hi @dlepper,

How the minimum payment is calculated can vary depending on the card you have. Usually, the payment is calculated as £25 or 1% of the balance on the card, whichever is higher. This can change to include any fees or charges though.

It would typically mean that if your balance was £1000, with no extra charges, you would pay £25. If the balance was £3000, again with no extra charges, you'd pay £30.

As I say though, this can vary. It would've been detailed on your terms and conditions when you opened the account, or you can call 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, and they'll be able to confirm as well.
    Fresh Eyes
    I have paid 2 payments this month and it still says I have to pay minimum by 17th?
    Staff
    @Hunterm Due to a recent change we've made on the mobile app when you log in now the minimum payment information will always be displayed. If you've already made the minimum payment then please don't worry, there's nothing further you need to do.
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi,
    Feels like a silly question but I have made several payments on my credit card statement this month but the app still says I have a minimum payment due on the 16th. Do I still need to pay it on the date Indicated even though I have already paid it?
    Employee
    Hi @jodclark1995. Thanks for your message. We recently made a change to the mobile app with regards to payments. Every month going forward now, you'll see the minimum payment due figure for each statement. It is there for information only and doesn't change when a payment is made. As long as you know you made your payment for the month (you'll see that in your transactions) then you're all fine! - Kevin
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi can I double check please, I have opened the account mid November, used the card and made more than minimum payment but not full balance payment around mid December. I have received a statement for December. I’ve now used the card a few times in January and it has come up that I need to make a minimum payment by 11th January.

Do I still need to make that minimum payment even though in December I’ve made a payment greater than what would be a minimum payment and that is the first reminder of payment, not had one in December. Or am I asked to make minimum payment as it’s a new month and full balance has not been cleared yet?

just want to mention the statement for January is not ready yet. I’m just worried as I don’t want to go over and be charged for not making payment if it’s due

thanks
    aleksandra
    Last edited by AleksandraCiorga; 04-01-23 at 23:15. Reason: Missed out info
    Your Community Manager
    Morning @AleksandraCiorga 😊

It would probably be best to drop us a DM here, so that we can check what has been paid, when your statement was produced and what is outstanding.

Thanks