Minimum Payment went up suddenly

I have had to pay £25 mimimun payment every single month since i took out my credit card and i have set up regular payments to go out of my bank account to cover this, and my balance has been going down, It is more than half what it was to start with. Suddenly the mimimum payment goes up to 27.08 and i didnt notice and still paid the 25. concequently my minimum payment was deemed as late and a £12 charge was added to my account. I realise that my no iterest period has finished but even with the interest my balance is still more than half what it was when i started paying £25. I know that everyone is probably saying i should check my satements and i do agree but, I still feel like this was a sneaky move and cannot understand for what reason the mimimum payment should go up
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi @jennifer1906uk, thanks for getting in touch. It sounds like your payments have increased due to the interest free period coming to an end. As you say, we'd always advise to check your statements every month, and sometimes having a static standing order can have a negative impact unless the statement is checked.

If you call us on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7, a member of our team can look into this for you. We'd also advise that a direct debit for the minimum payment might be more suitable, as it'll always make sure the minimum is covered each month.