Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out from Online Banking - here's what to do

Frequent Browser

Re: Locked out from Online Banking - here's what to do

Super Browser

Hi,

I have managed to block my online account after trying to set up the banking app on new phone.

As I always used my fingerprint on my old phone I forgot my pin/password and locked the account, can you help please?

Thanks

Your Community Expert

Hi @GMACKENZIE90, we can send you a Temporary Security Number (TSN) through the post which will reset your online banking and allow you to get logged in again. This can take between 3-5 business days to arrive and will be valid for 30 days – if you would like me to arrange this for you, please message @CET confirming your full name, DOB and postcode.

Alternatively, you can call our Online Helpdesk anytime on 0345 300 3511 and request a TSN to be sent by text immediately once security is completed.

New to this

Hi, just spent 20 wasted minutes to your call centre as I cannot get into my account from a new phone and a Mac with an upgraded OS - very frustrating.  I need to get a new temporary security number so that I can get onto the app, find out my credit card balance and actually pay you!

Please contact me within the next 24 hours so I don't have to waste more of my time.

Many Thanks

Steve

Your Community Expert

Hi @nellas27, I'm sorry you've had trouble getting through to us.  We can send you a Temporary Security Number (TSN) through the post which will reset your online banking and allow you to get logged in again. This can take between 3-5 business days to arrive and will be valid for 30 days – if you would like me to arrange this for you, please send a private message to @CET.

Alternatively, you can call our Online Helpdesk anytime on 0345 300 3511 and request a TSN to be sent by text immediately once security is completed. Also, you don’t need access to your online banking to make a payment to your credit card. You can pay using our automated system by calling 0345 300 4278 (24/7), or you can send a direct transfer from your own bank account. You can find the relevant details at https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/Online-Banking/Paying-your-Credit-Card/ta-p/174 under the 'Faster Payments' section. You can also find this information on your statement each month.