cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out from Online Banking - here's what to do

Highlighted
Community Manager

Locked out from Online Banking - here's what to do

If you get locked out from online banking or need a temporary security number, it is possible to reset your access yourself online.

Recognised device

If you have blocked either your password or security number and are using a recognised device, simply click on ‘forgotten password or security number’. You will then be asked for your personal information and to answer some security questions.

Once completed, a temporary security number will be text to your mobile. Please enter this when prompted and you will then be able to reset your security information and access your Online Banking.

Unrecognised device 

If you have blocked either your password or security number but are using an unrecognised device, then you will need to contact us to request a temporary security number. 

You can:

• call the Online Helpdesk on 0345 300 3511 (open 24 hours a day) who will be able to text this to you
  • send a private message via Your Community to our private CET account and we can arrange for a temporary security number to posted to you within 3 - 5 working days
  • message us via our social media channels Facebook or Twitter and we can arrange for a temporary security number to be posted to you within 3 – 5 working days

If you are using a device that was previously recognised by us and are unsure why this has changed, this is usually because you have deleted your browsing history. We recognise a customer’s device from the cookies in your web browser and when these are cleared we are unable to do this, so you would need to register the device again.

For information on how to message our CET account, please click here

14 REPLIES
Just Getting Started

Re: Locked out from Online Banking - here's what to do

hi there can you help my to unblock my account
Just Getting Started

I have all my detail here but i dot know way i block my tesco account

Employee

Hi @DELU1974, sorry to hear that you're locked out of your account. If you send me a private message with your name, date of birth and postcode, I can help get you back into your account :-)

Occasional Browser

Hi, I’m in the same boat as well. Think it’s because I had to reset my phone. I have tried my pc as well but no good on there either. Would really like to get this sorted, I keep clicking forgotten security number on the web browser but states I need to contact you as device is not recognised. My app works fine however. Thanks. Steph
Your Community Expert

Sorry to see you've been unable to access your online banking @Stephrutter. If you send a private message to @CET we'll be able to reset this and get you back online. 

Frequent Browser

I need a code sending threw the post
Your Community Expert

Hi @Lindsayt152, thanks for your post. I can see that my colleague has already replied to your private message to @CET around this. 

New to this

please can I reset my account here? ive been waiting on the phone for 10 minutes now?

Your Community Expert

Hi @theoakfold, we can send you a Temporary Security Number (TSN) through the post which will reset your online banking and allow you to get logged in again. This can take between 3-5 business days to arrive and will be valid for 30 days – if you would like me to arrange this for you, please send us a private message with your full name, DOB and postcode. Alternatively, you can call our Online Helpdesk anytime on 0345 300 3511 and request a TSN to be sent by text immediately once security is completed