Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
75243members
21621posts

Locked out from Online Banking - here's what to do

Highlighted
Community Manager

Locked out from Online Banking - here's what to do

If you get locked out from Online Banking or need a temporary security number, it is possible to reset your access yourself online.

Recognised device

If you have blocked either your password or security number and are using a recognised device, simply click on ‘forgotten password or security number’. You will then be asked for your personal information and to answer some security questions.

Once completed, a One Time Access Code (OTAC) will be text to your mobile. Please enter this when prompted and you will then be able to reset your security information and access your Online Banking.

Unrecognised device 

If you have blocked either your password or security number but are using an unrecognised device, then you will need to contact us to request a temporary security number. 

You can:

• call the Online Helpdesk on 0345 300 3511 (open 24 hours a day) who will be able to text this to you
  • send a private message via Your Community to our private @Tesco-Bank account and we can arrange for a temporary security number to posted to you within 3 - 5 working days
  • message us via our social media channels Facebook Messenger or Twitter and we can arrange for a temporary security number to be posted to you within 3 – 5 working days

If you are using a device that was previously recognised by us and are unsure why this has changed, this is usually because you have deleted your browsing history. We recognise a customer’s device from the cookies in your web browser and when these are cleared we are unable to do this, so you would need to register the device again.

For information on how to message our Tesco-Bank account, please click here

2 REPLIES 2
Here to Help

Re: Locked out from Online Banking - here's what to do

Yes all the information you have regarding being locked out of online banking is very comprehensive.The omission of what to do if user name is not recognised is my question.i can load on to my insurance account via a otpc but even after completing that task and the site displaying my user name the next attempt ends in rejection any help would be appreciated
Your Community Expert

Re: Locked out from Online Banking - here's what to do

Hi there, so we can discuss this further, can you please privately message us here Tesco-Bank - Keigan