Late payment few but paid on statement date.

I received a credit card statement on July 6. It clearly shows on my transactions that I made a more than the minimum payment on July 6. I then logged back in on July 28 and it said I had missed the payment by two days and was charged a late payment fee. I've then made a second payment this month but I don't really feel this was required as I paid on the statement date. What can be done about this? I'm worried I will now lose out on the interest free period and I'm unhappy that I've been charged!
  • 3 Replies

Employee
    Hi @hfin87

From what you've said, it sounds like the payment might have been made before the statement was produced, which means that it doesn't count as a minimum payment. For it to be counted as your statement payment, it has to be made after the statement is produced and before the due date. I can understand why this would be confusing though, and I'd like to take a look into the account for you.

If you could send a private message to myself, and including @AshleighB, with your name, DOB and postcode, formatting the postcode as A B 1 2 C D, we can check on the account.
    This has happened to me too. what can I do. I paid far in excess of minimum payment and don't see i should be charged for that!!!
    Employee
    Hi @juliekim

I'm sorry that you're unhappy about the charges that have been applied to your account. This is something we can look into if you call us on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7.

In terms of the statements and making payments, we'd always advise that at least the minimum payment has to be made between the statement date and the payment due date, even if more than the minimum payment was made before the statement was produced.

You can check on this using the banking app or the website, and you can set up text alerts to remind you if a payment is still due on the account.