cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with adding a Tesco Credit card to an Apple Watch 4

Just Getting Started

Issues with adding a Tesco Credit card to an Apple Watch 4

Hi,

My apple pay was working fine  on my apple watch series 2. Today I purchased an apple watch series 4 and tried to set it up. It keeps saying 

Card Not Added. Contact your card issuer for more information. Add a Card Later or Try again.  I have tried again and it is not working.

I contacted Tesco Credit Card and they say there is no token for my card. But i used it yesterday for Apple Pay. They sugested deleting the card from my wallet and try again. However I am still getting the same error. I have spent about an hour trying to research and getting this fixed.  

Can anyone help me?  Noone on the helpdesk seems to know what to do.

6 REPLIES 6
Your Community Expert

Re: Issues with adding a Tesco Credit card to an Apple Watch 4

Hi there, I'm really sorry about this. If you’ve called our team to get this fixed and tried all available options then there isn’t much more we could suggest trying. Can you try again later to see if it works?

Just Getting Started

Well actually helpdesk did not have a clue. It was me who suggested to delete the Tesco Credit Card from my Wallet and itunes and then try again. He replied - eeerr Yeh go ahead an try that.. goodbye :(

Just Getting Started

I will leave it a few days and try it again. If not then I will either contact them again or try registering another card for Apple Pay.   Could it be related to my card expiring next month, who knows ?

Your Community Expert

Let us know how you get on when you give it another try!

Just Getting Started

Ok, I will have to call the helpdesk once more. Was able to add another card with no problems but still cannot add my Tesco C/C and getting the same error.

Your Community Expert

I'm sorry about that, our Online Helpdesk team should be able to talk you through this. I hope you get it all sorted! - Christina