Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
77000members
22177posts

Indirectly affected by Thomas Cook closure

Window Shopper

Indirectly affected by Thomas Cook closure

My claim is indirectly connected to the failure of Thoc.Cook. I booked and paid for a city break at a Thos.Cook 'high st' shop although the company with which we were travelling  was 'Superbreaks'.

The holiday is ATOL protected but their advice is that if your provider [s.break] ceases operating then you are to contact our agent [T.C.], there is no mention of what to do if your agent also ceases trading !

We travelled Oct 20th. no probs with flight (Flybe) but had to pay AGAIN for the hotel when we arrived even though TC rep was still assuring us on Oct.18 that our holiday was paid in full. We need to claim against the hotel costs, i.e. 592.12 Euros.

Looking at Tesco Bank info it would appear that I cannot claim through TB so exactly to whom and how do I make a claim. 

1 REPLY 1
Your Community Expert

Re: Indirectly affected by Thomas Cook closure

Hi @umpires69, sorry to hear about this. The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) have asked customers to make a claim with them directly if they are ATOL protected. You can find more details on this here: https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/News/Thomas-Cook/m-p/28302#M1219. I hope this helps - Kelly