I want to cancel my policy

Hi there,
    I would like to cacel my policy as i did not want to be aunto-renewed. I tried calling but am out of the country at the moment and cannot get through on the number quoted in one of the comments below.
    It seems Tesco are making it difficulct to cancel given that you cannot do this by email which in this day and age seems ridiculous.

I will not be back in the UK until late on Saturday 14th September can you please advise my best course of action in cancelling this policy and getting a full refund?

Many thanks,
    Elaine
  • 8 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi Elaine, I'm sorry to hear this. So I can help, could you please send us a private message with your full name, DOB, postcode and policy number to Tesco-Bank? - Christina
    Hi Christina it has taken me some time to retrieve this message, I am not sure why but it is not the most intuitive of pages.
    You dont tell me how to send a 'personal message' and on this page i cannot see how to do this. i would be delighted to comply once i know how.
    I will keep searching through until i get your respnse.
    many thanks in advance,
    Elaine
    I am trying to cancel my auto renewal of policy and finding this site utterly counter intuitive to getting a quick, successful solution.
    i was asked to send a personal message with details and that Christina would be able to help, however i have just been told 'YOU HAVE SENT YOUR LIMIT OF PERSONAL MESSAGES TODAY TRY AGAIN LATER'!!!!!!!
    this, because i got the adressee wrong the first time and tried to send to Tesco-bank the second time, having sent only to Teso the first time.
    I feel the aim of this circuitous route to cancellation is designed to put off the majority of non tech savvy people and the vulnerable. i care for my 87 year old father and pity anyone of his age trying to find his way around this. i am very disappointed to see this kind of obvious bias against the most competent in our society. This in an age of the most simple and intuitive of solutions available and used daily by the smallest of businesses when it is about purchasing and not cancelling of goods.
    Shame on you Tesco.
    Your Community Expert
    I'm sorry you're having trouble with this . If you click on the Tesco-Bank account, there will be an option to send a private message in the top right hand corner of the profile.

If you are unable to send this message, please try giving us a call on 00443452462895 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm, Sat - Sun: 9am - 5pm GMT) and we can look into this for you - Thomas
    Ok so i have now successfully posted a personal message with all the required details yesterday. I have not had a response yet can you please advise on what i should receive please and if this will come directly to my own email address for the account as opposed to on this forum?
    Thank you
    Your Community Expert
    We haven't received a private message from yourself .

When we reply to a private message it will come through your private messages on this forum, although you may receive an email confirmation depending on your preferences - Thomas

Hi Thomas, i am sending the message that was sent successfully on 13th september . I have no knowledge as to why you say you have not received it. AS i said this is very poor and underhand tactics to go beyond the 14 day cool off period and trick you into paying another year, when there are much cheaper policies out there.
    AS STATED SEVERAL TIMES NOW IN THE PRIVATE MESSAGE SECTION MY PREFERENCE IS TO BE CONTACTED DIRECLTY TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS WHICH YOU ALREADY HAVE AND IS ON MY ACCOUNT.
    I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING BACK WITH CONFIRMATION OF CANCELLATION AND REFUND.

To: TESCO
    Sent: ‎13-09-2019 07:05 AM

Ignore

Cancellation of policy

Hi Christina i am replying here in the hope this is the right place for personal message as it is not clear how to do this at all on the site.
    I refer to my comments posted on Tuesday and your request for me to send a personal message including name etc in order to cancel my car insurance policy which i did not want auto renewed.
    PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED

I look forward to hearing from you asap.

Delete

Your Community Expert
    Hi , we have responded to your private message - Trinh