How do you get a temporary security number?

I am very frustrated trying to login to Internet banking. Password is locked, don't know why because I entered the correct one. App locked out? Computers not recognised when they used to be and no I have not cleared out history! Several access codes to check identity, password still locked. Can I find any contact details when I click the contact us link from the paragraph that tells me I need a temporary access code. NO I cannot. Logging in should not be this difficult. God help anyone who is not familiar with computers. It appears Tesco Bank do not want to be contacted, so how do I get this temporary access code????
  • 32 Replies

• Verified Answer

Community superstar
    Verified Answer
    Hi
    I'm sorry to hear about this and I will certainly help you to get it resolved.
    To get Tesco Bank to send you a Temporary Security Number please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' for someone to look at this for you.
    Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please remember to include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Hope this helps.
    Stay safe and warm wishes,
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hi  I'm sorry to hear of the difficlties you've been having online. We recognise your device by placing a security token in your cookies folder. If it's popping up with that message saying we don't recognise you then it just means the cookies have been cleared from the device - which isn't something to worry about. If your password is locked though, a temporary security number is needed to unlock your account and allow you to get your device recognised again. You can request a temporary security number over the phone with our Online Helpdesk on 0345 300 3511, or alternatively if you send me a private message with your full name, date of birth, postcode and mobile number please we can help you here. Please use the format A B 1 2 C D for your postcode and include my colleague  in the private message. Thanks!
    Can anyone help me please? I am trying to log in from a new computer but it is not giving me the option to request a temmporary security code by post, it just says they have no phone number for me. I can't find any way to email Tesco Bank directly and am getting very frustrated with this!!!!! Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Employee
    Hi @LanRey16

I'm sorry you've been having problems getting a temporary security number sent out. We don't have an email address you could use for this, but if you send a private message to @AshleighB and myself with your name, DOB, postcode and the mobile number linked to your account, we can send out a new number. If there's no mobile linked, then just the name, DOB and postcode will be fine.

When you send the details, please format your DOB, postcode and mobile number with spaces between the characters, i.e. A B 1 2 C D.
    Hi There, Thanks for the reply. As this is the first time I have used this forum I am unsure how to send a private message? I also live outside the UK so not sure if this makes any difference. wrote:
    Hi @LanRey16 I'm sorry you've been having problems getting a temporary security number sent out. We don't have an email address you could use for this, but if you send a private message to @AshleighB and myself with your name, DOB, postcode and the mobile number linked to your account, we can send out a new number. If there's no mobile linked, then just the name, DOB and postcode will be fine. When you send the details, please format your DOB, postcode and mobile number with spaces between the characters, i.e. A B 1 2 C D.
    Former Community Manager
    Hi  to send a private message there is a link at the top of this page when you are logged in - says "Messages" and it's between "My Settings" and "Notifications". Click that and then "Compose New Message". Use the contact details provided in the last post.
    Hi There, I have tried to compose a message but cannot get any name details to stay in the address box.
    Former Community Manager
    I sent you a PM 
    I am locked out of my online banking having bought a new phone which is not regognised. Can somebody please contact me to tell me how I can resolve this urgently this is incredibly frustrating