Home insurance- TESCO website errors in using confused.com quotes

Hello TESCO experts I bought TESCO home insurance yesterday using confused.com quotes. I filled in my door lock type as per picture on confused.com - saying key operated multi point locks and my personal covers listed in as well on confused.com. Bought the insurance but not correct on tesco . Property owned through mortgage. I am shocked to discover the following1.In my tesco insurance document - It says 5 lever mortice deadlock instead of KEY OPERTATED MULTI POINT LOCKS.2. personal possesion cover says Not covered.3. Property ownership : Owned (i filled it as mortgage ownership) It appears that TESCO doesn't extract data well from confused.com or other comparision site and TESCO uses its own assumptions. When i rang customer care, they say TESCO cannot use Key operated multipoint lock system in insurance document and they cannot display list of items covered in insurance which i asked for both home and away. But it appears as NO. If burglar happens, i think it will invalidate my home& contents insurance for mentioning wrong lock type as an error from TESCO website or TESCo TEMPLATE. could you please help me to sort this issue immediately
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    I'm really sorry to hear that . We do process the information we receive from third-party sites, but it sounds like some of the features they offer on their site aren't reflected in what we actually offer and cover.

If you call our insurance team on 0345 246 2904, available Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm and Sat - Sun: 9am - 5pm, they can amend your policy to reflect your property and requirements.