Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
77841members
22549posts

Help with Insurance

Window Shopper

Help with Insurance

I took out a car insurance policy last month with Tesco Bank and paid for the full year.

Last week I broke down on the motorway & had to be towed, I've been told by the garage that the CAM belt has snapped which will have done more damage to my engine  and the repairs will cost more than my car is worth so best option would be to scrap it.

This means I will have to look for a new car as Ive not bought anything yet but need to get back on the road ASAP. I'm not sure how this works with my existing car insurance policy and desperately need some help

3 REPLIES 3
Your Community Expert

Re: Help with Insurance

Hi @ @kezz061984, I’m sorry to hear that! We can keep your policy active for 14 days with no car on cover and once you get a new car, you can change the vehicle on the policy. If you aren’t getting a new car within this time, you may need to cancel the policy. If you’ like to discuss this any further, please send us a private message with your full name, DOB, postcode and policy number – Christina

Window Shopper

I am looking for another car but need to know how I find out if it will affect my insurance cost IF i was to purchase something else.

Can someone advise me on this?

Your Community Expert

You can do a quote to change your car on Your Insurance Account, I've attached a link below with more information on this. Please let us know if you have any more questions - Christina 

https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/Your-Insurance-Account/How-do-I-change-my-car-on-Your-Insuran...