Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
83994members
23631posts

Flybe

Fresh Eyes

Flybe

Back in November 2019 I bought Flybe tickets to Amsterdam for the end of May 2020 on my Tesco credit card. 

With the sad news of Flybe going bust today, how do I go about making a claim under Section 75?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Flybe

Hi @Simplesimonq, sorry to hear about this. You can find information about the steps to take here: https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/Disputed-transactions-and/tkb-p/disputedtransactions

Alternatively, you can call our Disputes Team on 0345 366 2711 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 6pm, Sat: 9am - 2pm) who will be able to have a chat with you about our process and see if we can get it refunded – Caroline

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

I rang the customer service line and sent all relevant details for the near £900 refund on flight tickets to Bergerac back on 6th March 2020 to the cbk@tescobank

even got a reply

fellow travellers who purchased on barclaycard have their refunds already - how long do we need to wait for an update? maybe we should move to Barclaycard?

Highlighted
Fresh Eyes

I have also been trying to chase up where/when the payment from my Flybe flights will be expected to come back to me. I issued the claim 3 weeks ago today and all I have received is confirmation of my documents on the day. Now that COVID-19 has caused a lot of claims I am concerned about my initial claim that I started before that. I have called customer services each week since which has been particularly useless. Today the costumer services said expect another 3-4 weeks from today! Last week all they could say was there has been 9,000 claims made. All I would like is an official update, even Ryanair managed to send me an update recently after they have cancelled flights for a different trip! 

Highlighted
Here to help

Good afternoon Katiel_

I expect these companies are short staffed due to having to work at a distance from each other and the problem with doing updates on a vast scale it takes man power as well as time

At least you got confirmation from them.

I'm booked to fly in a couple of weeks and my flight hasn't even been cancelled yet let alone gettingb my money back.

I understand your frustration!!!

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @Greg27, I'm sorry to hear this. 

We're working through these as fast as we can, although it is taking longer than initially expected due to the vast number of disputes we have received over the past few weeks. We hope to have FlyBe claims resolved within the next 3-4 weeks.