Fixed Rate Saver - Interest Transfer?

Hi there I have just the one product with Tesco bank - a Fixed Rate Saver. On 10th Jan, interest was paid into the account. On the same day, that interest amount was apparently transferred OUT of the account. I did not initiate or authorise and its saying it was transferred to a linked account. However I have no other Tesco products. Does anyone know what this could be? The only thing I can think of is that interest is only 'virtually' paid until the product matures, at which point all transferred interest payments are paid back in. Below is the message showing on the transaction. "INTEREST PAID TO LINKED A/C, INTEREST TRANSFER, INTEREST TRANSFERRED OUT" Many ThanksClaire
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear this. When your Fixed Rate Saver matures you have the option to reinvest the interest or have it paid into your nominated bank account. As I can see from your message, the funds have been paid back into your own bank account. If you would like to discuss this further, please give our Savings team on 0345 678 5678.
    Last edited by ChristopherP; 22-01-21 at 15:13. Reason: OT
    Hello, I too have had the same trouble. It says that my interest has been paid into my linked account. However, I am not sure which account details I gave when registering, and the account I assumed the money would be paid into has not been paid into. Is there anyway of finding out what account details I gave upon registering for the fixed rate saver account?
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , sorry to hear about this. If you're unsure which account details have been selected as your nominated account then please give our Savings team a quick ring on 0345 678 5678 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 6pm, Sat - Sun: 9am - 2pm), and one of my colleagues will be happy to check this for you.
    Community superstar
    Good morning.I had something similar last year but not with Tesco bank.A payment was paid into my current account & I did not know where it was from. It wasn't a lot but I still wanted to know it was mine to spendAfter some digging I found it had come from Halifax bank & which branch which I found out by their sort code. My current account is not with Halifax. From that I found out it was interest from my cash ISA. It would've been so much easier for Halifax to put a name to the payment but when I asked they said it couldn't be done. So now every year I have to look out for this payment!!!