First time help query

Hello
    Easyjet has cancelled my flight to Spain and I am waiting for a refund. Ive been told I can ask my credit card Tesco to transfer the refund into my bank account. Can anyone help advice what I need to do to get the request to Tesco please?
    Been searching on here and ringing tesco for hours to not getting anywhere on what to do? Thank you
  • 18 Replies

Your Community Expert
    Hi , thanks for getting in touch. I've now replied to your private message with some more information.
    Above and beyond
    Hi I'm sorry about your cancelled flight, it's an all too familiar event right now.I will do my best to help you get this resolved to your satisfaction. 1. The first thing is to claim a refund from Easyjet, which you have done. You must then allow 15 clear working days after submit your claim.2. If you are refused a refund, or you receive no response from Easyjet, then Tesco Bank disputes team may be able to help you with a chargeback claim on your Credit Card under section 75.3. Please download and complete didn’t receive goods form and email it to Information Removed.4. You will receive an automated reply to confirm that your disputes claim form has been received.5. It will take approximately 6 weeks for your claim to be processed.6. If you have not received a settlement within 6 weeks, please follow up with a private message to Tesco Bank, who provide an appropriate response.7. To do this please proceed as follows :-Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    I'm confident this process will get your refund for you.
    Best Wishes,
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm really sorry to hear Easyjet have cancelled your flight to Spain.
    As Easyjet have cancelled it they will offer you the refund back onto the credit card you used so no need to claim under Section 75.
    When the credit is back on your credit card you can ask for it ro be transferred back to your bank account.
    Tesco can arrange for your credit balance to be refunded but we will need to speak with you to process this. I'm afraid they can't sort this here. It would be best to give them a call on 0345 300 4278 (available Mon - Sun: 8am - 7:30pm) and colleagues will be happy to help.
    Please bear in mind that when they process this type of refund sometimes a money transfer fee will be applied in error. If you see this appear via online banking or the mobile app then don’t be alarmed as they'll automatically refund this fee within 7-10 working days.
    I hope this helps!
    Warm wishes,
    Good afternoon, In addition to the helpful replies above if you have access to the Tesco Bank app it's easy to request a transfer to your bank account there. As states you may see a fee for transferring the money back into your current account but this will be refunded to you.
    Above and beyond
    Good Morning Please let me know how your claim is progressing.I thought i had better mention just in case you are not aware.If you transfer money from the Credit Card into your bank account, you will be charged a handling fee of 3.99%Best Wishes,
    On the look out
    If the bill has been paid ie cleared card why would they be charged on refund to bank it’s not a cash withdrawal
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , if you request a credit balance refund via online banking or the mobile app then the money transfer fee will be automatically refunded within 7-10 working days.
    Thanks for all the advice.I have now requested a full refund for teh flights so that is in hand thank you. My next query is that teh hotel in Spain was booked using part payment of Tesco clubcard vouchers that was submitted along with £312 cash. All done via the Tesco link with the Hotels.com link. I have been onto Hotels.com who have spoken to the hotel and as the cancellation policy is non refunable, they have said that they will not refund the monies and if it is cancelled the booking is lost and also if they did do anything then the penalty is the booking as a whole. I have since been onto Tesco Clubcard who have said that they will send me a token code for me to go back to Hotels.com and they shoudl issue a voucher from their end to allow the voucher cost to be used by December 2021 (so this is good). If I go down this route, I need to establish if I accepted the voucher refund from Hotels.com am I still in a position to pursue the remaining £312 from the chargeback scheme via my Tesco credit card that I booked with? I want to make sure that if I take the first part of the voucher from Hotels.com that by doing so I have not accepted the offer and then cannot pursue the £312 paid via my credit card. I have tried ringing but all I get is a voicemail message and then cuts offthanks
    Above and beyond
    Hi The £312.00 balance can be claimed back separately to the Hotels.com voucher.Please complete the attached form, and submit by email to [email protected]https://www.tescobank.com/assets/sec...goods-form.pdfBest Wishes,