Excessive delay in credit card transactions showing

Dear Forum,With the bc online system, both outgoing (including pre-approved payments) and incoming payments to card (to pay off balance) made by faster payment are fully visible within 2 hours, if only showing in the bc systems pending transaction category. This is the case even at weekends, and further, incoming payments by faster payment, will often also clear within a couple of hours (again at weekends) or at least by end of day. In comparison, with the Tesco CC online system, it can take, 4 or 5 days for transactions to appear (sometimes longer if relevant 'processing' period spans a weekend) and/or be taken into account in the available balance. Further there is no pending transactions category and without a pending transactions category, just an overall balance is worth little in accounting terms. This is such a drastic time difference, that it qualifies the two systems, imo, as very different in quality and functionality - and usability. For various reasons I would like to use the Tesco card more, but I just can't reconcile myself to such huge time differences in the accounting ability of the Tesco online system - and so instead I use the bc system. (Note, though I am referring to the online system, no additional information is available from the telephone helpline either). Such up-to-date accounting as the bc system provides makes using and managing the bc card so much easier, and their system obviously proves that there are no technical hurdles to providing such a system (which is not far short of realtime). I would therefore like to request that Tesco implement such an uprated system - given 4-5 days (approx 120 hours) represents an extremely antiquated system compared with 2 hours. Put into percentage terms, I calculate that the Tesco system, on average takes 5900% longer to show transactions (both incoming and outgoing) for accounting purposes.
  • 21 Replies

I wholeheartedly agree with simone2015 and would like to add my support for better "pending transactions" functionality. I have cards issued by several different banks that all have better systems than TB but the best of all is Capital One - their "pending transaction" function not only shows the amount of transactions immediately they are authorised against your account but allows you to view all of the details for that transaction so you have total confidence the transaction is the one you think it is. If TB is serious about competing with the "big boys" then this is the type of thing they need to get their head around.
    Employee
    Hi

Thanks for joining "The Community".

I'm sorry if the delay in transactions displaying has caused you any inconvenience. We appreciate your frustration and we are always looking to make improvements. We will make sure your feedback is passed on.

Thanks - Margaret
    Supervisor
    Would Tesco Bank consider showing pending payments which have been charged to the account but of which are yet to be processed? I do keep hold of my receipts and the amount available changes in accordance to what I've used my card for but it'd be great if you could see where it's been used (in case of fraudulent payments). Thank you.
    Just looking
    I agree as of the different accounts I hold, including Bank and 2 other credit cards, Tesco is the only one that doesn't show pending transactions. This is an excellent facility should it be necessary to query a transaction before being applied to the account.
    Yes , agree with everyone , Tesco needs to show pending transactions , I'm even considering moving credit card for this reason .
    And come on Tesco sort out Apple Pay please , we are in year 2015 !!
    Absolutely in agreement! It's Monday night 28 September and my last transaction on the credit card transaction list is Wednesday 23 September! WHY????? What am I suppose to do with a summary balance and credit available balance for 5 days? Bank payments, standing order payments, direct debits - even over the weekend - all invisible - and, yes, zero pending transactions list! ********* Not what I call a 21st century service **********
    Former Community Manager
    Hi everyone, wanted to let you know that we have some good news around pending transactions being available for Credit Card users in our mobile app, read the News story.
    I have noticed we now have pending transactions for Tesco CC in the app but this is only working on my iphone NOT my ipad! Any ideas why. Thanks
    The current functionality is a pain in the defacating device. Two weeks ago due to a fault on the Argos web site I got charged twice for £353. Having spent hours talking to Agos and also Tesco Bank it was quickly agreed by all concerned that one of the payments would be reimbursed. Early today I finally got an ermail from Argos confirming they had repaid £353. It appears that I now have to wait until Monday evening to confirm that refund has taken place (because the Tescobank CC completes the transaction by 6pm the next working day). It seems to me that the functionality imposed by Tesco bank means that they "lose" the money relating to CC payments for a period of time, where that money no doubt mysteriously appears in their accounting ledger as "profit". I could stomach the money behind held in this process - however ot being able to see this money as a pending transaction is a considerable nuisance. For all I know the Argos repayment has not been made and it will be another week before it is finally sorted. Tesco bank need to understand that due to this overspend I stopped using my CC until it was put right - meaning loss of business for Tesco as I used another suppliers CC. Due to Xmas that's a loss they won't recover - I couldn't put off those other purchases.