cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous 'Cash Transaction Fee' on statement

Highlighted
Just Getting Started

Erroneous 'Cash Transaction Fee' on statement

I have been charged a Cash Transaction Fee on this month's statement, but have not made any transactions which can be considered a cash transaction (I know the definition was recently updated under the recent changes to the T&Cs). I want to speak to someone to explain to me what the charge is for, but it is impossible to get through to a person on the phone numbers provided by Tesco, hence resorting to this forum.  Nowhere in the automated system is there an option to query items on my statement.  A cynic would think Tesco are making it difficult for me to do so...

5 REPLIES
Your Community Expert

Re: Erroneous 'Cash Transaction Fee' on statement

Hello @middleagedgrump, I'm sorry that you've been charged for using your card. I'm afraid we're limited in what we can discuss on this channel, so I would need to direct you to call back. You can reach us on 0345 300 4278 (24/7) and if you let all of the options play without selecting one, you will be given the option to speak with an advisor - Caroline

Just Getting Started

So thank you for responding, but your solution doesn't work.  Waiting to the end of the automated message simply results in the automated message starting again from the beginning - it's on a loop.  There is no option to speak with a person.  So what now?

Your Community Expert

Sorry about that @middleagedgrump, when the automated message plays for the second time, there should be an additional option at the end to choose to speak with an adviser. Apologies for any confusion, if you are still having trouble getting through, please let me know.

Just Getting Started

@CarlyH wrote:

Sorry about that @middleagedgrump, when the automated message plays for the second time, there should be an additional option at the end to choose to speak with an adviser. Apologies for any confusion, if you are still having trouble getting through, please let me know.

Thanks for the info Carly.  Did as you said and have spoken with one of the team - all sorted out now.

Your Community Expert

Great, I'm glad to hear you've got it all sorted now! If you have any other queries, please get back in touch.