Downloading of transaction data, short history limit or something wrong?

I am trying to download my transaction data for the past year for my Tesco credit card. The PDF statements have all been downloaded with no problems.The drop down list is giving me from November 2014 until now Dec 2015 but all the selections from Dec 2014 to July 2015 only show the summary section of total spend and payments, but no details are shown or available for download.Is there only a 4 month history on the transaction data downloads or is something wrong here? 4 months seems very short and isn't much use :( I thought I'd ask on here before making a phone call incase anyone knows. Thanks.
  • 10 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    That's correct , you can download your last 18 months of statements however you can only view your last 3 months of transactions when online. If you do want to view transactions further back than 3 months, you would have to go through your individual statements.

Thanks.
  • Verified Answer

Former Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    We'll certainly pass on your feedback  as a suggested improvement to the website.

If you're happy with the response given previously, could you please accept it as a solution as this just helps other users find answers to the questions they have. Thanks
    Ok. Thanks for the confitmation. It's a shame as there is no real obvious reason to not allow this data to be available for longer. It would also help if the drop down list only showed what was accessible, at least then it would be obvious. Nevermind, moan over :-) Thanks for the info, I will just have to make sure I keep on top of it.
    Dear Tesco, this is a recurring cusotmer issue that has been around for many years and remains unaddressed. This needs to be resolved and given that the functionality exists (just for a shorter time limit), implementing the 12 month download ability is straightforward. I spent a lot of money (~£30k) on my Tesco Credit Card over the last 12 months and am frustrated that this remains an issue and I need to trawl through 9 months of pdfs at tax year end as I can only access 3 months of transactions on line. I am left with no choice but to move to a provider that offers a 12 month transaction download I'm afraid ready for April 2019. Do let me know if / when this gets fixed as I will consider returning. Thank you.
    Employee
    I'm sorry that you find this to be a problem which is causing you to leave, . At this moment in time we have no plans to change this, however we continue to put our customer's feedback forward for an extension on the date range. If/when this change is implented we do hope to see you back with us! We'll keep all customers posted via our social media channels/community pages.
    This is still a ridiculous restriction to have and I'm shocked to discover how bad your platform is in this respect. This is why people choose other providers. Sort this out.
    Above and beyond
    Hi There's no change to the limits on downloading of transaction data. We receive a statement reminder every month, i personally choose to download mine to maintain a record of transactions on my laptop.It's always worked for me, has never been a problem.Regards, Chris,
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi all,

Wondering if anyone else knows the answer here!

I know it is possible to download 90 days of transactions in CSV format from the Website.

However, I would like to obtain my FULL transaction history in CSV.

Does anyone know if Tesco can do this, and how do I make the formal request?

Thanks for any help!
    Fresh Eyes
    I've had a Tesco CC for years, but never knew the Download facility existed until recently. For various (important!) reasons, I need to analyse my spend data which covers thousands of transactions. A 90-day CVS export is therefore useless to me.

Of course, I have started downloading every statement month now, but my history in CSV format would prevent having to attempt an OCR operation on all my paper statements.

I have submitted an SAR request to Tesco - asking for Tx history in CSV format. If they can't or won't do that, I'll escalate the problem somehow.