Online banking

Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Tesco pet insurance cover specific breed conditions and eye surgery?

Occasional Poster

Does Tesco pet insurance cover specific breed conditions and eye surgery?

Hello,

I have searched through the policy terms and conditions for Pet Insurance, but cannot find anything to confirm what i am most curious about!

Please could someone please confirm if they know whether Tesco pet insurance covers specific breed conditions and eye surgery? My pet is a Shar Pei and prone to certain health issues, so want to make sure he will be covered properly!

Thank you for your help in advance!

5 REPLIES
Your Community Expert

Re: Does Tesco pet insurance cover specific breed conditions and eye surgery?

Hi @gemum, yes, specific breed conditions and eye surgery are covered. As with any other illness or disease though, your pet must not be showing any signs or symptoms of the condition prior to the policy starting.

Thanks

Mwallace

Occasional Poster

Hello Mwallace,

Thank you for much for answering my question! My pup is very fit and healthy but i just wanted to make sure he would be cover if anything did happen.. fingers crossed that it wont of course!

Many thanks again!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Kindest Regards

Gemma

Occasional Poster

Hi Mwallace,

I am sorry; i know you confirmed that specific breed conditions and eye surgery are covered, but please could you also confirm that Entropion would be covered if this issue ever arose in the future?

Many thanks

Occasional Poster

Hello Mwallace,

Please can you kindly reply to my additional question asap?

i know you confirmed that specific breed conditions and eye surgery are covered, but please could you also confirm that Entropion would be covered if this issue ever arose in the future?

Many thanks

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @gemum, I'm sorry for the delay of our response. This is something that can be covered on our policy, however, individual conditions are considered on a case by case basis. Please give us a call on 0345 078 3878, open Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm, Sat: 9am - 5pm and Sun: 10am - 4pm. The advisor will be able to take the details from you and confirm if this can be covered by the policy.