Highlighted
Little helper

Do you support Google pay

Do you support Google pay 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Little helper

Re: Do you support Google pay

Currently No, but iv been told its coming...

Highlighted
Former Your Community Expert

@Dwofclitheroe I'm afraid that we don't support Google Pay at this time and have no current plans to do so. If this changes, we will notify customers of this.

Highlighted
Little helper

Joel thanks - I am currently changing banks - looks like I won't be using Tesco.....
Highlighted
Little helper

No support for Google pay means I'll be using my Amex with Google Pay for ALL purchases. When and if Tesco moves ahead with the times then I'll reconsider using my Tesco card and Tesco stores as my primary shopping.
Highlighted
Just looking

Is it correct that I can add my Tesco CC to a Curve card and that would then enable me to use Google Pay?
And if so would this still be treated as normal credit card transactions with no fee (just using it in the normal way not cash withdrawals) .
And would I still earn clubcard points as it's a clubcard Credit card.

As you can imagine paying contactless with more than the £45 pound limit is safer at the moment.

thanks

Colin

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @tecuru, thanks for getting in touch. As Curve is a prepaid card, you won't receive Clubcard points for topping this up. It will also be classed as a cash transaction which involves a 3.99% fee and interest. If Google Pay is supported by Curve, you should be able to use it - Caroline

Highlighted
Little helper

Hi, Curve works fine with Tesco credit card and Google pay with no charges and if you use promo code D8OM9O9E when you sign up you get £5 when you first use your curve card.