Do not be fooled by Tesco false assurances

Eagle eye
    People are waiting months to have their Section 75 and Charge back claims dealt with and receive NO information or updates in the meantime. Instead, Tesco may (or may not) send automated acknowledgements in response to emails or phone calls making you think that an end is in sight. Private messaging is equally a waste of time (tried and tested by many people including me over the last four months). Any acknowledgements that you receive from Tesco are absolutely meaningless and obviously designed to delay customers from making official complaints until well past the point that the process should have been completed. You will simply be lulled into a false sense of security thus delaying your resolution further and will end up feeling like many, many disgruntled Tesco customers who feel that they are simply ‘banging their heads against a brick wall’. Follow my advice in other posts, which has been properly researched via official websites and Martin Lewis, and MAKE A COMPLAINT NO LATER THAN SIX WEEKS IN. You must then follow up with the Financial Ombudsman. If you are already eight weeks in from instigating your claim and have had no information or refund, you are legally entitled to go straight to the Financial Ombudsman without a deadlock letter or further communication with Tesco. Do yourselves a favour, give up on the frustration and headaches of dealing with Tesco and follow the above advice.
  • 1 Reply

Eagle eye
    Direct Messaging (more than once and by me and others): ‘hopefully now that you have received an acknowledgement it will not be long now’.MONTHS LATER, STILL NO FOLLOW UP FROM TESCO AND NO CHANGE TO THE SITUATION. Phone call from Tesco asking a single question and stating that the funds would be returned in a few days (this was six weeks after instigating the claim and receiving no prior information or updates despite me chasing):SEVEN WEEKS LATER, STILL NO REFUND OR INFORMATION. Following making an official complaint I received an email stating; ‘your claim is now at the final stage and you will receive the funds within 5-7 days’.TWO WEEKS LATER (14 days) STILL NO REFUND OR INFORMATION. Tesco are worse than Donald Trump: Tesco think that they can say and do whatever they like, including telling customers what their customers want to hear to fob them off, but have absolutely no intention to meet their legal obligations.

The only way that anyone is going to receive the customer service that they are entitled to is to follow the procedure in my previous posts regarding the Financial Ombudsman. TAKE ACTION NOW AND DO NOT BE FOOLED BY TESCO FALSE ASSURANCES, YOU WILL END UP SORELY DISAPPOINTED, FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY.