Direct Debits

How do I access a list of all the Direct Debits on my Current Account, so that I can check the number I have active, and make any changes such as changing the date the DD comes out of my account? Thanks for any help anyone can offer. I have searched the menus but don't seem able to find this. I know the list of transactions should show any DDs which are being taken but I have twice tried to open a new one and it mysteriously hasn't activated in my account, and this was from two different well-known charities. So being able to see a list would have value, likewise for Standing Orders.
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi , thanks for your message. You can do this through your online banking, just log on, click on the account the payment comes from and select 'Manage account' at the top right hand corner. You will then see 'Move your money' on the right hand menu, please select 'Manage payments' where you will find the list of all your direct debits and standing orders. I hope this helps.
    Thanks Thomas. I have tried this and eventually found the following works: Log on, click on the account the payment comes from and select 'Manage account' at the top right hand corner. On the next page you need to choose the blue ‘Move Money Out’ button. On the following page you will see 'Move your money' on the left-hand menu, select 'Manage payments' where you will find the list of all your direct debits and standing orders. Why not just have a button or drop-down list on the main account page featuring 'See your Direct Debits' etc? Seems illogical to find it buried in 'Move money out', almost as if deliberately put there to make it difficult to find it. The page once found shows, for example, my Direct Debit for Scope, but shows no payments made from it. Scope themselves tell me the DD was cancelled, which I didn't do. However it happened, this means Tesco don't need to pay interest on my account. Also, I cannot click on the Scope DD to set up a payment for it, but I am allowed to cancel it. This seems an awful way to organise a current account website.
    Your Community Expert
    I'm glad to hear you managed to get this . I will certainly pass on your comments as feedback to see if this is something we can improve on in the future.