Direct Debit Reversal - AGAIN

I set up a direct debit to pay my tesco credit card from my bank account to pay a fixed payment as soon as I had transferred the balance. Since then I have had my direct debit reversed 3 times - when I phoned no one could explain why. I made a debit card payment on the first instance to cover my payment, set up the direct debit (again - as advised by the person on the phone) and assumed it was al fine. I have the emails to show the exact dates this has been done. I have enough money to cover this in my account. Why is this happening? I now have had a direct debit reversal on 2 more occassions. This now means I have been charged twice for a late payment for no reason. From looking over the forums and searching the internet I can see that this seems to be a very common problem. Please help.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi @Roulston

I'm sorry to read about the problems you've had with your direct debit. It sounds like there may be an issue between ourselves and the paying bank. It may be that the direct debit mandate isn't being validated at one end, meaning that the direct debit is being taken and reversed almost straight away, causing your late payment. Have you spoken with your bank about this problem as well?

Send us your name, DOB and postcode as a private message to @Tesco-Bank and we can look into it from our end. When you send your DOB and postcode, please format it like this: A B 1 2 C D and 1 2 3 4 5 6 otherwise we can't read the details.