Direct Debit Query

Hello there, Would like to ask this question... My Direct Debit post date is different from the transaction date IE: Post date 9th Jan Transaction date 11th this is worrying me as all other previous dates for Direct Debit show the post/transaction date as the same. My payment date for Jan was the 9th. Dont want anything harming my credit report hence my worry as my CR is excellent and intend keeping it like that!
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Verified Answer
    Keep in mind that DD well not be debited on a non-working day, so if a DD is due to be paid on a day that falls on a weekend it should not debit your account until the next working day. How missed DD's impact your credit score depends on the Organisation collecting the money. However l suggest that your DD's were collected on first attempt (and in this case first working day after weekend) you've got nothing to be concered about.
    Employee
    Hi , what  said is correct. As the 9th of January was a Saturday, we were unable to collect your direct debit on this day as it's not classed as a working day. The direct debit was then collected on the next available working day which was Monday 11th January. Your credit rating will not be impacted by this as the correct steps were followed in collecting your direct debit. Hope this helps.