Debit card purchases - incorrect clubcard points awarded

Has anybody else using a debit card for payments encountered problems with the number of clubcard points added to their accounts? Around 10 days ago I purchased fuel, swiping my clubcard then paying for it with my debit card. As seen on the latest current account rewards webpage (http://www.tescobank.com/current-accounts/rewards/) I should have been awarded 1point per £1 spent for using the debit card, plus another 1 point per £1 for using my standard clubcard. This clubcard rate is an enhanced rate that is due to run until April 2019. When reviewing my statement I can see that for the debit card usage I have been awarded the 1 point per £1, but the standard clubcard transaction only shows the standard 1 point per £2 spent, not the enhanced rate. Upon contacting Tesco Bank, Clubcard and passed from pillar-to-post between the two groups, I was contacted late last week to advise me of what to do in the future. I was told that swiping my regular clubcard first would activate the standard 1 point per £2 spend for fuel, and therefore I should not swipe my regular card and just use the debit card. Last Friday I went back to fill up with fuel and did as I was told, only swiping my debit card. Upon checking my points balance and transactions in my clubcard account I can now see that only the 1 point per £1 spent have been added, with no sign of any regular clubcard points at the enhanced rate. Is anybody able to advise as to whether they have had this issue and more importantly, what I have to tell Clubcard or Tesco Bank to do to rectify the issue? I'm not prepared to go on until April next year chasing up points that I am clearly entitled to. Any advice would be greatfully received. Thanks.
  • 8 Replies

Former Community Manager
    Hi @bob81, thanks for contacting us. I've looked into this in a bit further detail and taken the following from our Clubcard Terms And Conditions page: 'points collected from Tesco Bank will be credited to the Clubcard member's account and converted separately to points collected elsewhere'. This means that the enhanced rate will be reflected on the statement up to 4 working days post transaction when you follow the process that you've mentioned above. I hope this clarifies things for you but please come back to us if you have any other questions.
    Supervisor
    Good afternoon , As points out your bonus Clubcard points take slightly longer to appear on your account. If you log into tesco.com/clubcard (assuming you're registered for tesco.com) you'll need to go to your latest points statement; on there it'll show: Clubcard Debit Card Spend with the additional points you'll have earned.
    Community Manager
    Hi - hope these answers have solved your query?

If so, can you accept one as a solution please so that it can be stored for other customers?

Thanks
    I'm still monitoring my clubcard points transactions and the extras have not yet been added. If and when they do I'll accept a solution. Until that time I'd rather keep this open.
    Supervisor
    Good afternoon , Have the extra points been added to your account as yet? By rights they should be showing on your Tesco Clubcard statement online by now if you used your card last Friday. Edit: you don't mention in your original post but I assume you linked your exisiting Clubcard number (assuming you had one) when you joined Tesco Bank?
    No the extra points have not been added yet. Yes my original clubcard is linked.
    Edit: I've scrolled back further and have noticed that they have been added. For some reason the date of points added used is the same as the initial points so it has been inserted before my most recent transactions, even though they did not appear on the same date.
    Employee
    I'm glad to hear that the points have appeared , but I'm sorry for the delay and the confusion caused. I'll make sure to pass on your comments about your experience.