Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
98221members
30204posts

Debit Card Payment

Highlighted
Here to help

Debit Card Payment

I have tried to pay an amount off of my Tesco Credit Card.  So far used 4 debit card that all work elsewhere.  Driving me mad!  Can anyone help? Is this a fault with the website.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Above and beyond

Re: Debit Card Payment

Good morning @SYH 

I'm sorry to hear your having issues with your Tesco Credit Card.

Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out and an appropriate response can be provided.

Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will get a reply from one of the Tesco Team after they've had chance to look into this for you.

Warm wishes, Caz  @25H 

Highlighted
Top sharer

Hi @SYH 

It sounds to me like something is out of sync,

if you have the mobile banking app it's an absolute cinch to do without hitches !

If not i would recommend that you download it, it only takes a few seconds.

You can download the app to Apple Store or Google Play.

https://www.tescobank.com/mobile-banking-app/

From the home page select Make a payment,  next select Pay by Debit Card, then select 'Other Amount' and enter the sum you wish to pay, then your Debit Card details, Submit.

That's you done !

Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @SYH, we are having some issues with making payments on the Mobile app and Online banking. We have replied to your private message. You don’t need access to your online banking to make a payment to your credit card. You can pay by calling 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Sun: 8am to 7:30pm), or you can send a direct transfer from your own bank account. You can find the relevant details at https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/Online-Banking/Paying-your-Credit-Card/ta-p/174 under the 'Faster Payments' section. You can also find this information on your statement each month.

Highlighted
Top sharer

Hi @SYH 

Tesco Bank has confirmed that there are currently issues making payments via online banking or mobile banking ! If you want a fool proof method of payment, please proceed by making a transfer from your bank account as follows :-

Faster payment - You can transfer money from your bank account and this is the fastest way to pay your monthly bill. Transfer the money to :

1. Sort Code 40-64-15 

2. Account number 3 1 3 1 0 0 0 6

3. Enter your 16-digit credit card number as the reference.

Payments made using the Faster Payment Service are normally made within two hours but can take up to 24 hours

Hope this helps ! Regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles 

Highlighted
Above and beyond

Hi @SYH 

I see AmandaB has replied to your private message with alternative ways to pay your credit card inc using the new faster payment method.

Hope this has been helpful!!

Caz  @25H 

Highlighted
Here to help

My payment for £4,400 went through but I had also sent a direct payment of £4,417.88.  What will happen to the double payment. Can I get it back or will it stay on the card as a credit?

Highlighted
Above and beyond

Good morning @SYH 

I'm sorry to hear you had a double payment on your credit card, and for so much.

Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out.

Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will get a reply from one of the Tesco Team.

Warm wishes, Caz  @25H

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Hi @SYH, this isn't something that we can deal with by private message I'm afraid. If you give us a call on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm), we can have teh credit balance returned to you - Ross

Highlighted
Above and beyond

Hi @SYH 

I see Ross has replied to your message and requested that you call them to get the credit balance returned to you.

Alternatively if you would like these funds returned to you, you can arrange this yourself via Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App.

Please note, you can only request a money transfer to move the amount of funds you are in credit by.

Hope this is helpful.

Warm wishes, @25H