DD taken wrong amount?

I recently set up my card to pay off the full balance each month and my June statement was the first one that this applied to. My statement says we will collect your full balance of £1624.12 on 24th June or soon after but the actual DD has only taken £1595.12 on 24th June. Anyone know why that would happen? Am I now going to be charged interest on the difference?
  • 3 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi I'm so sorry to hear the wrong amount was taken. Without further information I would only be guessing why a lesser amount was taken and as its personal information I suggest that Tesco Bank could look into this for you.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' for someone to check this out and provide you with an appropriate response.Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.In the top right of the page click 'Send a Message'.A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.Complete it and send your message securely.Please include your full name, date of birth, postcode and details.Hope this helps you get it sorted.Warm wishes
    Above and beyond
    Hi  
    Please be reassured, you will not be charged any interest, as your account is set up to automatically clear the full balance.
    The difference paid is exactly £29.00, if you check your transactions you will find the item in question. This transaction missed the cut off and has been carried forward to your next statement .
    Hope this helps !
    Kind Regards,  
    Above and beyond
    Hi Just wanted to check that you are happy now ?I was confused by the very same thing as you at first, until i checked it out.When you log into your account you see your full balance on the home page, but this includes any transactions made AFTER the statement has been made, in this case £1624.12.You have to navigate away from the home page to see your statement, which will tally with the amount taken of £1595.12The difference of £29.00 is a transaction made AFTER the statement was made, and is carried forward to your next statement.Hope this is clear !