Online banking

Online banking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
95302members
28768posts

Credit card application - I have a new job. How long until I have enough history to apply for a new card?

Highlighted
Your Community Expert

Re: Credit card application - I have a new job. How long until I have enough history to apply for...

Hi @kbathia, thanks for your message! You would be unable to state your new income on the application before you start, so if you have no current income you would need to wait until you start your new job to complete the application. I hope this clarifies things for you, but please get in touch if you have any more questions! - Christina

Highlighted
Here to help

Re: Credit card application - I have a new job. How long until I have enough history to apply for...

Thanks 👍
Highlighted
Safe hands

Re: Credit card application - I have a new job. How long until I have enough history to apply for a new card?

Hi @knathia, you may apply as soon as you have written confirmation of employment, with a start date and salary.
If you are declined, you can reapply after 30 days. Hope this helps !
Best wishes, @CSKBrambles
Highlighted
Safe hands

Re: Credit card application - I have a new job. How long until I have enough history to apply for a new card?

Hi @kbathia 

As soon as you have proof of your earnings even with an offer of employment and you having accepted it you can apply for your Foundation Credit Card.

As you planned to apply in August this seems to be a good time for you to apply as you'll be able to put your employment details on the form.

Hope the job goes really well for you.

Warm wishes, @25H 

Highlighted
Here to help

Thank you!
Highlighted
Safe hands

You’re welcome @kbathia !
If you are satisfied with my assistance :-
Please “accept as a solution “ to clear down and confirm as resolved.
Best wishes, @CSKBrambles