Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
69488members
20202posts

Credit Limit Increase Request Question

Just Getting Started

Credit Limit Increase Request Question

If I want to request an increase on my Clubcard Credit Card, would I be outright declined if I requested a limit that was too high, or would I be offered a lower alternative?

For example, say my current limit was £3000 and I wanted it to be £4000, but was only eligible for an increase of £500 (to £3500), would I be declined outright for the £4000 or would I be told that I can’t have the £4000 but can have the £3500?

Many thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Your Community Expert

Re: Credit Limit Increase Request Question

Hi @tescobankman, thanks for getting in touch. If you weren't eligible for the amount you requested, you may be provided with a lower alternative. However, this isn't always the case, I'm afraid. If you request your credit limit increase via the app, we'll let you know what we would consider a credit limit increase up to. 

I've attached a link for you with more information. I hope this helps! - Brogan

https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-can-I-increase-or-decrease-my-credit-limit/t...

Just Getting Started

Very helpful, thank you.

On the link you provided it says to avoid requesting an increase if you have more than one credit card in your name. As I already have two credit cards with you, does this mean I’ll be automatically rejected for a credit limit increase?
Your Community Expert

I’m afraid we’d be unable to confirm whether this would cause your request to be rejected. However, this will be included in the decision on whether to increase your credit limit - Cheryl

Just Getting Started

Okay, thanks.

If I were to apply for a credit limit increase on one card, would I have to wait 10 months before being able to apply on my second card or would the rules be applicable to each card individually (even though they are both taken into account when considering an increased limit request for one card)?
Highlighted
Your Community Expert

No, you could apply for a credit limit increase on the second account without needing to wait 10 months - Lewis